Last week I fell into the rabbit hole of reading through my old blog posts from my BTB days. It was quite weird knowing that I’d written all those posts, yet struggling to relate because those were literally written many lifetimes ago.
But it also reminded me how lovely it was to have a time of my life documented. So here I am, trying to create a snapshot of life right now.
First quarter of 2021
Covid-19 is still a thing. Wearing a mask outside is still a thing (ugh). Eating out feels more normal. House gatherings are limited to 8 pax. With Hari Raya coming next month, I’m not sure how visiting will be affected. Schools and childcare centres are up and running, thankfully. Still no word on travel borders opening up, so holidays and holiday planning are still on pause now.
But more personally, in the first few months alone, I’ve:
- Called an ambulance
- Made a police report
- Given a broadcast interview in Malay (lol whaaat)
- Stood as witness in a court trial (and got scolded by the judge for inadvertently interrupting her, v sian I tell you)
Less shockingly, I’ve also:
- Done a job interview for a contract role, did not succeed (but it’s all good)
- Caught up with many friends, including my doula and my ex-colleagues
- Made some encouraging progress with work
- Introduced a waiting list concept for my sourdough bread in January…
- …And then announced that I will no longer be taking orders from April/May onwards
- Gone mountain biking with NG, which was something I told him I’d never do
- Got swabbed for Covid-19 and also endured an episode where Chickpea, Watermelon and me caught the flu bug
And currently, I’m:
- Still breastfeeding Chickpea
- And pumping too! Down to 1 pump session, which gives me much better yield than I remember getting for Watermelon exactly 3 years ago
- Obsessed about female wellness
- Trying to declutter the house and get better at doing cleaning chores
*ka-chick: makes camera shutter sound*
That’s a snapshot of my life right now.
The four things everybody wants
This morning I was listening to Marie Forleo’s podcast interview with Martha Beck. Martha said that she’s met (coached) many people in the last 30 years, and whether they’re rich or poor, pretty much everybody lies awake at night yearning for the same things.
I thought to myself, I think I have all those things right now. If not all, then most of them.
Writing this down to remind myself the next time I find myself clutching in dark to seek for contentment.
Chances are it’s been right there, all along.